- If you do not wish to have your personal information collected, used or disclosed as described in this Policy please refrain from or stop accessing and using the relevant Websites, Products or Services.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Information may be provided directly by you or may be collected automatically by us or our partners on our behalf, but in all cases, we will only collect your personal information through lawful means. Situations where we may collect personal information from you include when you:
a) visit, use, or register to use our Websites;
b) download, install, access or use our Products;
c) request or receive our Services, including registering for or taking part in training or events;
d) post Material on any forum or blog available on and/or through our Websites;
e) in the course of your employment with us or where you apply for a job, including by submitting your CV; and
f) contact us or provide your contact details so we may contact you.
- When you visit our Websites or use our Products or Services, information that you provide may include your name, email, address, username and phone number. While you do not have to provide your personal information to us, please note that not doing so may mean that you are unable to enjoy the full functionality of our Websites, Products or Services.
- Personal information provided by you will be retained by us and may be associated with information that has lawfully been gathered from other sources, for example, information collected from third parties, including social media accounts, that you associate with the Websites.
- Information that is automatically collected each time you visit our Websites or use our Products or Services may include keywords you use to find us in search engines, the web pages you visit, the web browser you use, parts of the Websites, Products or Services accessed by you, access times and duration, your operating system and your IP address. This information is usually anonymous, except where you have previously provided your personal information to us and have cookies enabled. We will retain such personal information and may associate or match it with other information lawfully obtained from third parties.
- With certain Products we may request “sensitive permissions” such as access to location services or camera capabilities on a mobile device. If you do not wish to provide such permissions please delete or uninstall the relevant Product. Any data collected via such permissions will be managed in accordance with this Policy.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- In general, any personal information collected by us is used to help us improve your experience of our Websites, Products and Services and enable us to conduct business with you.
- In particular, we may use your personal information to:
a) help us provide, administer and improve the Websites, Products and Services;
b) carry out Website and Product data analysis and research (including market research);
c) provide you with information about new Products, Services or Websites offered by us and/or our related companies, affiliates and business partners that we think might be of interest to you;
d) fulfil a trial, order or other Product or Service related activities including managing licensing entitlements;
e) send or deliver information, Products or Services to you (whether physically or by electronic means
f) calculate and process invoices and payments for Products and Services purchased by you or your employer; and
g)communicate with you in relation to the above.
- For the purpose of the GDPR, the applicable lawful bases on which we will process your data are as follows:
a) the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you including the delivery of Products and Services;
b) the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation (for example, disclosure of salary and sales information to tax authorities); or
c) the processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in running our business and those interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
- Please note that we may aggregate and use any information that we collect from you, and that does not identify you, to help us better understand our customers and provide them with better Services and Products.
- The nature of providing online products or services means that sometimes we may disclose your personal information to others. However, generally, we do not disclose information to third parties. We may in certain circumstances disclose your personal information:
a) to related companies, employees, officers, agents, contractors, distributors, affiliates and business partners and service providers for the purposes noted at paragraphs 9 and 10 above;
b) for the purposes of supporting the sale or transfer of all or part of our business or assets; and
c) when we believe, acting reasonably, that we are required to do so by law.
RETENTION, STORAGE AND SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Please be aware that information transmitted over the internet is inherently insecure and is susceptible to loss, interception or alteration while in transit. Information that we collect may be stored by us or on our behalf for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes outlined in this Policy.
- Information is principally stored in servers in New Zealand but may be accessed by staff in other jurisdictions or transferred to servers in other jurisdictions as necessary.
- Information may also be collected, processed and stored by limited third party service providers including Marketo Inc., MS Dynamics and PayPal Pte. Ltd (trading as Braintree) where we use those services as part of our business.
- Irrespective of where your data is stored and whether it is processed by a third party on our behalf we will endeavor to protect all personal information that we hold by taking appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures.
- A cookie is a small data file that is stored by your web browser or your computer hard drive. Some cookies will only exist for the duration of your visit to our Websites, but some may remain present for a longer period for when you revisit our Websites.
- In certain situations, the cookie may be linked to personal information that you have previously provided through our Websites. For example, your name and email in a web form. The data provided may be used to remember your preferences and personalise the content of our Websites, making it easier to find the information that you are looking for.
- If you are concerned about cookies or want more information about them, you can visit aboutcookies.org. You have the ability from within your web browser’s settings to control whether to accept all cookies, be notified of a cookie or refuse all cookies. Instructions about how to configure your web browser setting can be found on aboutcookies.org. If you decide to turn cookies off, please note that some areas of our Websites may not work properly.
- The information below provides a summary of the different types of cookies and an overview of their purpose.
– Security, site and product integrity
– Advertising, recommendations, insights and measurements
– Sites features and services
– Analytics and research
1. Long-term behavioural-analysis cookie: This cookie is set and/or read on any webpage where you have placed a Dynamics 365 for Marketing website behavioural-analysis script. It enables Dynamics 365 for Marketing to score leads based on their level of interaction with a given website. The cookie contains no personal information, but does uniquely identify a specific browser on a specific machine, and Dynamics 365 for Marketing can use it to correlate this ID with an actual contact in the Dynamics 365 for Marketing database. The cookie remains active for two years.
2. Short-term, single-visit cookie: This cookie is also set and/or read on any webpage where you have placed a Dynamics 365 for Marketing website behavioural-analysis script. By default, it expires after just 30 minutes (although you can configure this). Dynamics 365 for Marketing uses it to group all page loads by a given visitor that are recorded by the same behavioural-analysis script and that occur within the configured timeframe; it will consider all of these as part of a single “visit” to the website.
3. Marketing page registration cookie: This cookie is set when a contact submits a Dynamics 365 marketing page where the Remember my information check box has been selected. It enables the marketing page to show a prefilled form the next time the same contact uses it. The information stored in the cookie is a cryptographic, unique identifier and doesn’t contain the data submitted or any means for an external application to uncover the submitted information.
- Links to third parties are provided on the Websites. We do not necessarily endorse all third party websites nor do we accept any responsibility for the privacy policies of these external websites. External third party websites may have their own privacy policies which you should review prior to using such sites.
- We may revise and update this Policy from time to time. Where this occurs, the Policy will become effective from the date it is posted to our Websites. It is your responsibility to check the Policy regularly and ensure you are familiar with its terms.
- You may opt-out of receiving promotional and marketing information from Seequent Limited (“Seequent”) by using the “unsubscribe” link or instructions contained in the relevant communications or by emailing us directly.
Contact and complaints
- To contact Seequent about this Policy or if you have any questions, concerns or complaints about the manner in which we have collected, used, disclosed or stored your personal information, please contact us by:
a) email: email@example.com; or
b) post: PO Box 42002, Christchurch 8140, New Zealand.
Please mark your correspondence to the attention of the Privacy Officer.
- In order to resolve a complaint, we:
a) may liaise with you to identify and define the nature of the complaint;
b) may request that you provide the details of the complaint in writing; and
c) will inform you of our decision in resolving such complaint including the legislative basis of the decision.
Accessing, correcting and deleting your information
- Under the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 and other applicable legislation you have certain rights including the right to access and request deletion or correction of any personal information that we hold about you.
- If you would like to request access to, correction or deletion of any personal information we hold about you, please contact our us as outlined above.
- This Policy applies to anyone accessing the Websites. It is governed by, and sets out how we comply with, New Zealand privacy laws, including the Privacy Act 1993 and other applicable legislation.