By Lisa Swinnard
There are several ways to edit and modify an “Intrusion” surface within a GM; of them, value clipping is often overlooked. This document is part one of two and will outline the procedure for modifying intrusion surfaces by value clipping, describe the importance and relevance of volume points, and explain how the two are connected.
1. Modifying intrusion surfaces by Value Clipping
Step 1 – Create a new geological model and intrusion surface
- Within the GM, create a new intrusion surface.
- Edit the surface accordingly, add a trend if necessary.
Step 2 – Modify the value clipping
- To modify the value clipping, double click the intrusion surface in the project tree.
- In the dialogue box that appears, click on the surfacing tab and check the “Show additional surfacing options” box.